What happens after death, what happens when we died is the biggest mystery, to explain it many films have been made about the afterlife. Afterlife is a concept everyone should believe in all these movies that we have put on this list are very thrilling and explains the afterlife very well. If you want to know about the afterlife then you must watch these movies once.
Best Movies About The Afterlife
1. What Dreams May Come
This is an American drama fantasy movie, If we talk about the story of the movie, then it is something like that a person named Chris Nielsen suddenly dies in a hazardous accident and enters Heaven. When he learns that after his death his wife has committed suicide, he seems on an afterlife adventure to reunite with his wife Annie.
- Major Casting: Cuba Gooding Jr., Annabella Sciorra, Max von Sydow, Robin Williams,
- Initial release: 2 October 1998 (USA)
- Director: Vincent Ward
- Story by: Richard Matheson
- Runtime: 1hour 54 minutes
- Ratings: 7/10 IMDB, 53% Rotten Tomatoes
2. The Discovery
This movie is an American sci-fi drama film.
The story of this movie is about research on the concept of an afterlife, after proving that there is life after the afterlife by Dr. Thomas Harbor, After that the process of suicide on earth increased rapidly. After 2 years of this discovery have passed dr harbor’s son portrayed by Jason Segel, who is not sure about this research.
- Major Casting: Rooney Mara, Jason Segel, Jesse Plemons, Robert Redford
- Initial release: 2017 (USA)
- Director: Charlie McDowell
- Screenplay: Charlie McDowell, Justin Lader
- Runtime: 1h 42 min
- Ratings: 6.3/10 IMDb, 46% Rotten Tomatoes
3. Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds
When the fireman Kim Ja-hong dies unexpectedly during a rescue operation in a building, he is taken to the afterlife by three afterlife guardians, was that the only condition if he passed seven trials over the 49 days and proves that he was an innocent in human life. It is wonderful to see in this movie how he was able to complete his three trials.
- Major Casting: D.O, Ju-hi-hoon, Ha Jung-woo,
- Initial release: 20 December 2017 (South Korea)
- Director: Yong-hwa Kim
- Film series: Along with the Gods
- Language: Korean
- Ratings: 7.3/10 IMDb, 63% Rotten Tomatoes
- Runtime: 2h 20 minutes
4. After Life 1998
Afterlife is a Japanese drama fantasy movie about the concept of the life afterlife. Talking about the story of the movie a group of people who died recently, all they spend a week with the counselors who help them pick their one favorite memory, this is the only memory they can take to eternity. The old man can’t find a memory, so he watches a videotape of his life.
- Major Casting: Arata as Takashi Mochizuki, Susumu Terajima as Satoru Kawashima, Erika Oda as Shiori Satonaka
- Initial release: 17 April 1999 (Japan)
- Director: Hirokazu Koreeda
- Screenplay: Hirokazu Koreeda
- Runtime: 2 hours
- Ratings: 7.6/10 IMDb, 86% Rotten Tomatoes
5. Heaven Can Wait
Heaven can wait was nominated for nine Academy Awards. This movie also gives a good explanation of the afterlife. This movie has been directed by Warren Beatty and he has made this movie much better. The story of the movie is about a young boy preparing to lead his football team, whose soul accidentally takes out by an angel from his body before his death. This movie shows how he comes back from heaven.
- Major Casting: Warren Beatty as Joe Pendleton, James Mason as Mr. Jordan, Julie Christie as Betty Logan
- Initial Release: 28 June 1978
- Runtime: 1 hour 41 minutes
- Ratings: 6.9/10 IMDb, 88 Rotten Tomatoes