The concept of time travel is not easily understood by everyone. The more difficult it is to understand, the more fun is to know about it. Many movies have been made on this time travel concept, but today we have brought for you the best movie ever made on the concept of time travel, which you are going to enjoy a lot by watching.
This time travel movie is set in the year 2067 when the earth becomes inhabitable for humans. Then Joseph Cooper a farmer, ex Nasa pilot is tasked to pilot a spacecraft along with a team of some researchers, and their mission is to find a habitable planet for human beings.
- Release date: 7 November 2014 (India)
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Budget: 16.5 crores USD
- Box office: 70.17 crores USD
- Runtime: 2h 55 minutes
- Ratings: 8.6/10 IMDB, 72% Rotten Tomatoes
2. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
This is the second movie of the terminator series which is based on the time travel concept.
Near about ten years passed since a lady named Sarah Connor was targeted for the termination by a cyborg from the future. Now the son of Sarah Connor named Jhon, the future leader of the resistance is the target for the newly more deadly terminator. Once again a terminator is sent as protector of Jhon to save him from the deadly terminator who comes to killed Jhon.
- Major Casting: Robert Patrick, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong,
- Release date: 24 August 1991 (India)
- Director: James Cameron
- Box office: 52.09 crores USD
- Budget: 10 crores USD
- Runtime: 2h 36 minutes
- Ratings: 8.5/10 imdb, 93% rotten tomatoes
3. Edge of Tomorrow
This movie is a very great film based on the time travel concept. The story of the movie is when a spaceship of aliens comes on the earth, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. A soldier Major William Kage fighting with the aliens gets to relive the same day over and over again, the day starting every time he died because he finds himself inexplicably in a time loop.
- Major Casting: Tom Cruise, Bill Paxton, Charlotte Riley, Emily Blunt
- Initial release: 28 May 2014 (Indonesia)
- Director: Doug Liman
- Box office: 37.05 crores USD
- Runtime: 1 h 53 minutes
- Ratings: 7.9/10 IMDb, 91% Rotten Tomatoes
4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
This movie is the seventh installment of the x men series and sequel to the X-Men the last stand. In this movie, Wolverine a mutant travels into the past to stop mystique a mutant who going to kill Bolivar Trask, bolivar track’s death leads to the creation of sentinels, which are robots designed to kill all the mutants on the earth.
- Major Casting: Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender
- Release date: 23 May 2014 (India)
- Director: Bryan Singer
- Box office: 74.6 crores USD
- Runtime: 2h 31 minutes
- Ratings: 7.9/10 IMDb, 90% Rotten Tomatoes
5. Avengers: Endgame
Avengers Endgame is the sequel to the Avengers Infinity War which is an American superhero science fiction movie. This movie is based on the time travel concept, where all the Avengers assembled and travel into the past to collect all the Infinity stones before Thanos, who is the villain of the movie. After that, a very dangerous war takes place between Thanos and the Avengers in this movie, which is full of actions. If you haven’t seen this movie yet, you can watch it on Hotstar right away.
- Major Casting: Robert Downey Junior, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Paul Rudd, Jeremy Renner, Tom Holland
- Release date: 26 April 2019 (India)
- Directors: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo
- Box office: 279.75 crores USD
- Budget: 35.6 crores USD (2019)
- Runtime: 3h 2min
- Ratings: 8.4/10 IMDb, 94% Rotten Tomatoes