If you want to see something new and different then these movies about Volcano Eruption are for you. Volcano Eruption is a natural disaster and there are a lot of movies on it and all these movies have a lot of fun to watch. These movies are not only about the volcano eruption but also have a romantic emotion and thriller. Whichever movies I have chosen in this list are very popular and have good audience reviews.
1. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
This is an American science fiction movie that is the sequel to Jurassic world 2015. Jurassic world fallen kingdom movie is about a volcanic eruption that became a threat to dinosaurs. Claire and Owen(Chris Pratt)reached the defunct Jurassic world which is a theme park, to save the animals from extinction.
- Major Casts: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jeff Goldblum, Daniella Pineda
- Director: J. A. Bayona
- Budget: $170–187 million
- Box office: 131 crores USD
- Film series: Jurassic world
- Release date: 8 June 2018 (India)
- Runtime: 2 hours 9 minutes
2. Dante’s Peak
Welcome to the city of Dante’s peak where a long volcano is about to erupt which is very dangerous for survival. A volcanologist Harry Dalton arrives and tries to convince other volcanologists and the city council that the volcano right above Dante’s Peak is Dangerous. Without warning the day becomes night, solid ground melts beneath white lava, the air turns into fire.
- Major Casting: Linda Hamilton, Charles Hallahan, Pierce Brosnan, Jamie Renée Smith
- Initial release: 7 February 1997 (USA)
- Director: Roger Donaldson
- Budget: 11.6 crores USD
- Rating: 6/10 IMDB, 26% Rotten Tomatoes
3. Volcano 1997
Both Volcano and Dante’s Peak are released in the same year. The movie story starts with a minor earthquake in Los Angeles, which results in a newly formed volcano erupts from under the city lava begins to spill out into the streets and start to destroy cars buildings. Officials of the city and the seismologists try to stop its flow towards the city of Los Angeles.
- Major Casting: Don Cheadle
Tommy Lee Jones, Anne Heche, Gaby Hoffmann,
- Initial release: 15 April 1997 (South Korea)
- Director: Mick Jackson
- Box office: 12.28 crores USD
- Budget: 9 crores USD
- Ratings: 5.5/10 IMDb, 49% Rotten Tomatoes
- Runtime: 1 h 44 minutes
Most deadliest volcano of our Earth is situated in Yellowstone National Park. When a minor earthquake opens a crake for magma to come out, warning signs for an eruption is a start but they ignored it. After some time this will become a danger for the people of the USA. This movie is very interesting to watch how the people survive after the volcanic eruption.
- Major Casting: Jennifer Copping, Jane McLean, Michael Riley, Gary Lewis
- Initial release: 23 March 2005 (Belgium)
- Director: Tony Mitchell
- Original release: 13 March 2005 (UK); 10 April 2005 (Canada/US)
- Runtime: 2 hours
- Rating: 6.7/10 IMDB
5. Krakatoa: The Last Days
This is an American digester movie that is based on a volcano eruption. The story of this movie is about the volcano eruption on the island of Krakatoa. The movie was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Special Visual Effects.
- Major Casting: Rupert Penry-Jones, Olivia Williams, William Miller
- Initial release: 7 May 2006
- Director: Sam Miller
- Budget: 22 lakhs GBP
- Runtime: 1h 30 minutes
- Ratings: 7.3/10 IMDb